Monday, March 06, 2006

Adventures in TimHortonLand...

The streak is officially over. I "won" a coffee this morning. (Whoop-eee... just look how enthusiastic I am...) So this gives me a "free" shot at a new entry in the "Rrroll up the rim to lose" contest. Basically it works out to a 2 coffees for the price of one. Fortunately it doesn't say anything about what size I'm "limited" to... heh heh heh. Think the second one'll be an extra large (or at least a large). I've added the "evidence" below - no more "Please Play Again" (sigh).

Anyway... why TimHortonLand?? Well... I was thinking about how Tim's still falls under the banner of "fast food"... And for the children of the eighties, you might remember McDonaldLand... with all the associated characters: Ronald, Grimace (due for an obesity-related heart attack in 1984), the Fry Guys, the Hamburglar, etc. So I propose we create a TimHortonLand for those of us who remember McDonaldLand. Instead of a mayor (wasn't it Mayor McCheese or something?) we should have two Co-Presidents, Bob & Doug McKenzie (see below).

Mind you, we'd also have to change the menu selection *slightly* at Tim Horton's... (brewski anyone?) But these good ol' Canadian boys do represent our (unofficial) national food... Donuts. And yes, they represent beer too... so? What's your point? (Cold beer's a good drink, especially on a hot day...) If you're scratching your head right now (i.e. completely clueless) PLEASE rent & watch the movie Strange Brew. You'll understand some more after that. (If you need to borrow it, I could arrange that too...) If you still don't get it after watching the movie... Please seek medical attention.

So thus endeth the "losing" streak... at least till this afternoon when I started a new streak of "Please Play Again"s... Ah well...

So now for this year's edition of "Rrroll up the rim to lose" I stand at 4 coffees, of which I won 3 "Please Play Again"s and one free coffee.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Frenchie said...

[Insert Witty, Tim Horton's-related comment.... here!]

07 March, 2006 18:26  
Blogger Melanie Gagnon said...

I dunno about beer at Timmy's. I kinda like it the way it is! If they started serving beer, wouldn't that mean they'd have to put in an age restriction?

07 March, 2006 18:32  
Anonymous Marcel said...

To me it will always be "Roll up the Rin to lose." On this current streak I am 0 for 5...and the last time they had the promotion on I went 0 for 11....therefore my running total is 0 for 16...and counting. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll win a RAV 4 or something.....yeah right. When pigs fly!

07 March, 2006 22:07  
Blogger jamieunited said...

I buy probably 300% more coffee during this part of the year. I am such a sucker!

08 March, 2006 13:22  
Anonymous diva said...

My Mom actually won a BBQ the other day!! So there is hope.
we're all still amazed. my sis bought the coffeee so she's claiming that technically the prize is hers, my mom says "no!"

Did you hear the story about the 2 families that are fighting over the RAV 4. A 10 yr kid old found the cup at school was unable to roll up the rim, asked a 12 yr old to do it for her and now the families each claim that the car is theirs. I say "finders keepers!!" not "rollers reapers" :)

08 March, 2006 15:13  
Anonymous Jason said...

Yeah I heard about that story too... read it on CBC.ca... how sad is that?

I don't buy any hot drinks at Tim Horton's so I guess I am missing out on the chances of winning... but I ain't crying over that!

11 March, 2006 21:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home